Having your spring or well water tested doesn’t need to be a big chore, especially if you live in or around the Sandy OR area. The City of Sandy makes this so easy by offering a sample pick-up and drop-off service. Alexin Analytical Laboratories performs the testing.
Steps to Get Your Sampling Kits:
1) Stop by Sandy City Hall (39250 Pioneer Blvd. Sandy OR) during business hours to pick up the sampling bottle and test order form. Sampling instructions, test ordering directions and pricing are included with the bottle. Please call City Hall (503-668-5533) to arrange a time to pick up a sampling kit.
2) Sample your water according to the included instructions. The sample must be taken from your source (usually the kitchen faucet) less than 24 hours from the time the lab picks up the samples.
3) Drop off your completed sample at Sandy City Hall before 10 a.m. on Tuesday. Alexin picks up completed samples on the first 4 Tuesdays of the month.
4) Call Alexin Analytical Laboratories at 503-639-9311 the next day, Wednesday, to provide payment via debit or credit card.
5) Test results are sent to you directly via mail within 7 – 10 days, or less.
What Should I Test For?
Three contaminants are tested for in the Private Well Package test: bacteria (fecal coliform), arsenic and nitrates. The cost of this test is $105. (as of 2.17.2023)
If you have questions about the testing service, you can phone City Hall at 503-668-5533 for more information.
To learn more about what contaminants to test for and how often tests should be performed, see my “Testing, testing…This is a Test” blog post.
When was the last time your well or spring water was tested?
Now’s the time to learn what harmful contaminants may be present in your well water.
Knowing what’s in your drinking water is the first step to healthy water and a healthier you.
Next is choosing the water filter that reduces those contaminants, resulting in improved health and peace of mind for you and your family.
I can help you choose the best water filter for you, your household and water quality in a Healthy Water for You Call.
Learn more and schedule this FREE call here.
I look forward to helping you get healthy drinking water from your tap!
Featured Photo by Hans Reniers on Unsplash